At Assumption School we believe:
Our uniforms show pride in our faith and in our school;
All students should arrive at school with their school sweaters ready for morning Mass, the classroom, assemblies, school Mass, school presentations;
Our uniforms should be in presentable condition, clean, tidy and without tears. Our school is the best place to present the Best Us possible!
The uniform described below is a requirement for all Assumption School students.
Uniforms are available through Neat Uniforms located at 3738 Parker St., Burnaby. The Uniform Coordinator will organize a uniform order date at the school annually.
- Tunic, tartan, drop-waisted* OR Culotte skirt tartan* OR Pleated skirt, tartan*
- Shirt*: White, short sleeved golf shirt, school name Embroidered on left side; OR Blouse: White, plain collar, long or short sleeved
- Cardigan* OR Pullover* OR Vest*: mandatory part of uniform, navy blue. Sweaters must be work to school upon arrival and at all Masses, assemblies and events.
- Socks: white or navy blue ankle/knee high, or white/navy blue leotard
- Dress shoes are preferred and should be black or navy blue, runners should be predominantly black. All shoes should have non-marking soles.
- Dress pants: navy blue Walking shorts*: navy blue
- Shirt*: White, short-sleeved golf shirt, school name embroidered on left side
- Cardigan* OR Pullover*: mandatory part of uniform, navy blue. Sweaters must be work to school upon arrival and at all Masses, assemblies and events.
- Socks: White or navy blue.
- Dress shoes: as previously outlined.
A gym strip is also mandatory for all students from Grade1 to 7 inclusive
- Gray t-shirt with the school name (school issued)
- Navy blue shorts (school issued)
- A separate, dedicated pair of runners with non-marking soles must be worn during physical education classes and sports practices held in the gymnasium
- N.B. No nail polish, make-up, or excessive jewelry is permitted
- NOTE: Uniform policy decisions (ie. fashion trends or fads) are made at the discretion of the PEC and School Administration.
*THESE ITEMS MUST BE ORDERED FROM OUR SUPPLIER.
Students are expected to wear the School uniform every day. They are expected to be clean, neat and tidy. A student not wearing the complete uniforms will be given an infraction letter.