Our Lady of the Assumption shares in the mission of the Church to proclaim and build the Kingdom of God. OLA, as a faith community, is committed to excellence in Catholicity and in all areas that promote the development of the whole child to his or her full potential. OLA strives to develop Christian leaders, responsible citizens and life-long learners.
As Catholic educators, we are committed to leading our students to develop a relationship with Jesus and a love of the Catholic faith. We are committed to helping each child grow in his/her spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, cultural and physical development. We help students discover and evaluate their own capabilities and competencies through a variety of instructional methods with an emphasis on experiential and inquiry-based learning.
Our school believes in providing a caring and inspiring environment where students learn, play and grow in a classroom where faith is integrated into all aspects of school life. Our school strives to ensure each child feels safe, accepted and respected within our community. We believe that parents are the primary educators of their children. We value open communication with parents to ensure individual needs and goals are met. We involve parents in their child’s faith development through liturgies, sacramental preparation, retreats, prayer groups and more.
Our Lady of the Assumption School seeks to develop the child spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, physically, culturally, and socially.
Communication with the parents and the community is essential in fostering growth. Parents, staff and the parish community as a whole strive to provide a warm, friendly atmosphere wherein the child is welcomed and supported.
Our Lady of the Assumption School supports the Church’s teaching that parents are the first educators of their children. The parents share their education responsibilities with other individuals and institutions, primarily the school. Our Lady of the Assumption school is an extension of the family home.
Our Lady of the Assumption School strives to:
- Provide the environment that will foster a child’s personal relationship with Jesus and growth in the Catholic faith through daily prayer and devotions, reception of the sacraments, and instruction in the faith.
- Provide the child with sufficient support, challenge, encouragement and motivation to work to his/her potential.
- Provide differentiated learning strategies that accommodate the unique learning styles of each child.
- Provide the structures necessary to empower children to develop critical and creative thinking skills, effective methods of communication, and personal and social responsibility.
- Provide programs/opportunities to help children grow in the appreciation of their own and other cultures, ethnic and religious groups and traditions.
- Provide a variety of both curricular and co-curricular opportunities where children can develop leadership skills and explore their talents and interests in a variety of activities, fine arts, and sports.
Provide opportunities for children to develop knowledge and skills that will empower them to live and eventually work in a rapidly changing society.