2016-2017 OLA FUNDRAISING
During this 2016-2017 school year, under the patronage of Our Lady, we are truly blessed to be celebrating 34 years of Catholic education at Our Lady of the Assumption School.
As an independent Catholic School we rely heavily on tuition and the generosity of our parish community to succeed. While we do receive a portion of funding from the government, we must cover our operating costs primarily through tuition and fundraising. These costs and needs far exceed the funding received.
Our Lady of Assumption School hosts various fundraising events throughout the year to raise funds for our school and students. During the 2016-2017 year you can look forward to the following fundraisers:
- Welcome Back Barbeque – On Saturday, September 17, 2016 we are holding a welcome back barbeque for all new and existing school families! We look forward to seeing new and returning families at this fun event. More details coming soon!
- Walkathon – On Thursday, October 6, 2016 is the Our Lady of the Assumption Annual Walkathon! This annual school walkathon is essential in promoting school spirit and building community. We ask our students to collect as many pledges as possible before the walk.
- Family Dinner and Dance – This year we are celebrating our 9th annual winter family dinner and dance. This family focused event is attended by over 200 guests and volunteers and includes a dinner, raffles and lively dancing. This event will take place on Saturday, November 26, 2016
- Trivia Night – Hollywood Now & Then – Saturday February 25, 2017
The Event – Assumption School is excited to announce one of our largest school fundraisers of the year, our 12th Annual Trivia Night. This year the star-studded trivia night theme is Hollywood – Now & Then and it is taking place Saturday February 25, 2017.
The Cause – Funds raised at this year’s Trivia Night will support the “We Do This Together” Campaign, which focuses on seismic upgrades and maintenance at Our Lady of the Assumption School. Our school is much more than an educational activity center for students; on any given day you may see sports practices, youth and senior activities, dance classes and community events! For more information www.assumptionschool.com/we-do-this-together
Event Details – This dazzling event held in the school gymnasium promises to be a marvelous evening! Everyone will have the opportunity to embrace their inner celebrity through the high-energy excitement of raffles, silent auction swag and live auction items with a celebrity auctioneer. Many of you go home a winner!
You will also be able to try your luck with various games throughout the evening such as the glitzy toonie toss, head-to-toe game and true and false games. Prizes awarded throughout the evening including for those dressing the part!
Ticket Purchases – This year we are offering 2 tables styles, Regular and VIP Table Service!
- Regular tickets provide access to the event – $30 per ticket ($240 per table – Seats 8).
- VIP tickets offer, front and center reserved seating, dedicated table service to the bar, Prosecco, sushi platter, cheese and fruit platter delivery during the event and treats – ($400 per table – Seats 8).
We invite you to help support our school by joining us at our Hollywood – Now & Then themed Trivia Night. Please consider contributing as an auction donor, volunteering or making a financial donation.
To donate, or purchase tickets for the event, please contact email@example.com
We hope that you are able to join us for a guaranteed fun-filled evening!
~Thank you! Fundraising Team
- A Night Under the Stars – We are very excited to announce a very special concert featuring Mark Donnelly (Mr. O Canada, local Canucks anthem singer) and his daughter Colleen. More information about this special event to follow!
These are only a few of the many events taking place during this school year. We humbly and graciously thank you in advance for your support of time, treasure, talent and prayers. We look forward to seeing you at the various events!
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” Helen Keller